Who we are:
Medical Mission Sisters are a non-profit organization, having special consultative status with the United Nation’s ECOSOC and accredited to the UN DPI and UNFCCC. We are involved at the UN to promote life, protect the planet and to make a better world for all. Our mission is to be present to life in the spirit of Jesus the healer. We are committed for peace, justice, and sustainable development for People and Planet. Our caring, healing presence is in five continents ,extends from micro to the macro- from grass roots to the United Nations for a better future for all. The UN being the only international institution where policies are made has a direct impact on people living in poverty and the vulnerable planet earth.
Main Representative to the UN Celine Paramundayil
What are our areas of Focus?
- Social Justice-member NGO Social Development CSOCD (www.ngosocdev.net/)
- Economic Justice – NGO Financing for Development – FFD (www.ngosonffd.org/)
- Environmental Justice– NGO Mining working group (https://miningwg.com)
- Gender Justice– NGO Commission on the Status of Women CSW(www.ngocsw.org/)
- Human Rights– NGO Committee to Stop Human trafficking , (www.NGOCSTIP)
- NGO Committee on Migration ( https://ngo-migration.org)
- Coalition on Global Citizens 2030 ( CGC 2030)
- Justice Coalition of Religious- JCoR https://gerhardinger.org/justice-coalition-of-religious/
What we do at the UN?
In collaboration with Religious and other NGOs we work for a Just and Humane world with dignity and respect at the Center by:
- Be a voice of the voiceless-Advocacy & Lobbying decision makers
- Contribute to the UN by written and oral Statements
- Conduct Parallel events during conferences and at the UN
- Participate in major Conferences/ meetings in NY and around the world
- Raising awareness – Education, including orientation to the UN
Link between, local to global and global to local- News letters, Face book,
How to get involved?
Be part of MMS at the UN by getting in to our mailing list. It is our pleasure to educate any one about the work of the UN. You can participate in UN conferences, special events, Advocacy and education programs.
You can Support our work by: Spreading the word, Sign the petitions, join a campaign, like our face book page.
Donate – UN ministry is a full time voluntary work . Your donations are appreciated and it will be tax exempted.
Sr.Celine Paramundayil is our main MMS representative to the UN since 2010 . She has a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry and Nursing and Masters Degree, M.Phil in Women studies. Celine has lived and worked among the low cast, dalit (former untouchables) of S.India over a decade organizing them through micro finance, a process to empower the rural women, economically, socio-culturally and politically. It became a mutual empowering experience . She gained first hand experience of the reality as well as the world view of people living in poverty, which gives her the passion to advocate for people and planet at the UN.
For details on how to contact us please click here